Thursday, June 6, 2013

Battle of the Home Offices Update

So it's been over 2 years since I threw down the challenge to the hubby to design the best home office.  Originally Damian was going to have a say in his design.  But I couldn't let him do it and completely took over!  He did though end up being a great laborer and did all of the work including laying the floor, framing, installing windows and doors, drywall, painting, cabinet installation, electrical.  You name it, he did it.  And it looks great.  I haven't posted pictures before because it's still not finished, but as with most projects, it may never be.

Here's a reminder of how it looked before:




Here it is in progress:



The garage doors were removed and replaced with two sets of french doors.  It's a long story, but you couldn't drive into the garage anyway, so replacing the door doesn't diminish the garage's functionality.

And here's how it looks now:


As you can probably tell, the majority of the furnishings is from Ikea.


The sconces and white lights are from West Elm.


The red office chairs are from Staples.


The wall was painted with a dry erase paint.  The boys love to draw on it also.


Well we are British, so why not have a London bus picture?  The clocks show the times in England, Salt Lake City and Tokyo (all the places where Damian and his partners work).


Damian's Lego Sophwith Camel.  He'd been asking Santa for this for a couple of years.  He finally managed to buy it for himself in the Lego Store in New York.


Damian's self-help book section!  As well as his toys.




Of course it used to be a garage, so where else are we going to store the bikes!



And here's a picture of my home office which I know you've seen a gazillion times before.




I think I succeeded in designing a non-girly workspace for Damian's new business and a totally girly space for me!  Which do you prefer?


4 comments:

  1. I love both spaces. A fantastic job was done with the renovation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I prefer your girlie space but wow, what a transformation on your hubby's office!! Fabulous job, I love the wood beams, it really adds to the space :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two is indeed better than one! I like how you and your husband helped each to come up with a stunning office like this. The walls and flooring were nice, and I have to commend you for choosing such good-looking furniture. Your office furnishings are definitely gorgeous! The room is well-lighted and you made sure that you will maximize the space you have. Fantastic job for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have inspired me! i recently inherrited my 2 car garage to be my office and i'm excited about all the space, but totally overwhelmed by the lack of light. The austin powers doll sealed it for me! I'll keep you updated on my progress. thanks for sharing!!

    http://pinterest.com/katiehatch/boards/

    ReplyDelete